An enthusiastic and experienced KS2, KS3 and KS4 maths teacher with a solid academic experience, offers maths lesson. First lesson free!
My studies and work experience, both in Italy and in the UK, equipped me with a solid subject knowledge in Mathematics and sciences and how to teach them www.*** ;
After 6 years of teaching experience (incuding online live lessons) in national schools and colleges, I am keen on implementing my career and developing a successful career as Maths online tutor.
In my recent experience, I have been tutoring a group of pupils since year 7 pupils preparing actions plans and individual teaching plans when required, arranged sessions for the UKMT Maths challenge, wrote references to colleges for year 11 pupils, arranged maths intervention to contribute to raise department achievements and was involved in schools’ extra curricula sport and music www.*** ;
My educational philosophy encompasses a series of key points as follows:
1) Students need to learn as much as they need food, clothing and shelter. An educator’s job is to fill that primal need for learning by creating engaging and relevant learning experiences every www.*** ;
2) Teachers should treat students as active participants in the learning process.
3) Be strongly aligned with student-centred learning involving exploration, discovery, experiential learning, and the production of high quality work.
4) Students need oral and written feedback to improve. Teachers need to gather data on student performance to adjust the learning environment and instruction so that they can target students' learning needs. Teachers administer pre-tests to find a starting point for learning and post-tests to determine the students' increase in performance level as well as the teachers' effectiveness.
5) Students need structure and appropriate repetition to learn. A teacher should be able to organize a standards-based lesson sequence, successfully implement the plan, and then evaluate student www.*** ;
6) Be able to create an exciting learning environment that makes it difficult for students not to learn. A teacher should know how to include all students in learning at their own level, and a teacher should be able to inspire the students to push themselves to the next level.
7) Students need tools and resources. They should have skills and strategies to be able to work effectively in the different levels of the cognitive domain as defined by Benjamin Bloom. Students should also be aware of their own learning preferences, and teachers should assist with creating a plan to develop other learning www.*** ;
8) A teacher has to be prepared to adopt multiple roles in the classroom (facilitator, teacher, instructor, coach, consultant, counsellor, and mentor) as well as a proper use of the Teaching Assistant.
9) Being genuine and modelling trust can significantly help establish a successful learning environment and maintain a collaborative climate in the classroom.
10) A good teacher needs an excellent subject knowledge and a high willingness to push himself to a higher www.*** ;
I am an experienced teacher of Mathematics and Further Mathematics and have effectively tutored secondary and undergraduate students. I offer clear and friendly support. Please just send a message and we can discuss how I can help!
Hi, my name is Lexi and I am a Maths teacher in Scotland. I am going into my fourth year of teaching in schools, but have been tutoring for 6 years now.
Since I am a Scottish teacher, I can tutor National 5 Maths and Higher Maths.
I usually travel to my students house to tutor, but given the pandemic, I am looking to start tutoring online aswell.
My approach is usually student led, the student will identify topics that they need additional support with and I will assist. Once I get to know a student, I will then be able to focus on areas that I feel they need extra support in aswell. I can also provide homework if that is required.
I charge £25 per hour for National 5 Maths and £30 for Higher Maths.
Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions!
Applied mathematics lessons in Oxford, UK.
With my Science degrees I worked in Industry for 30+ years. I then retrained as a teacher and have 10+yrs teaching experience.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to find out any more.
My name is Hannah and I absolutely adore my current job as a teacher, my available tutoring hours are a reflection of my busy schedule as a class teacher.
I have worked in Hackney for 5 years as a class based teacher. I am extremely passionate about the job I do and cannot wait to work alongside some of your children to help develop their confidence in their learning.
I am DBS checked and can send any certificates and more information to you on request.
Having worked as a teacher for 5 years, I know the importance of developing children's learning utilising the primary national curriculum to support this.
Through quality first outstanding teaching, I will help to develop your child's understanding of the different curriculum areas and work alongside you to decide their next steps.
I will ensure that teaching is both personalised and enjoyable for your children and can offer additional support and advice to parents on homework and reading strategies that may best support you.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Maths, physics and chemistry lessons in Aylesbury, UK.
A teacher highly rated by OFSTED, with lots of experience working one-to-one with students to improve their (GCSE) maths. I have experience working with all ability ranges from 11-16 year olds, in the three main Kings's Lynn high schools. My tutoring can cover all GCSE content (including new specification), Foundation and Higher, including the grade 8/9 topics.
Applied mathematics lessons in Liverpool, UK.
Maths lessons in Kent, UK.