I am a qualified Maths Teacher and an online Tutor. I use a variety of techniques and resources in order to teach and inspire minds. I am fully DBS cleared and have taught through the changes in education over the years and am fully knowledgeable in the current 9-1 GCSE specification. I am comfortable teaching all walks of learners and try my 100% best to make sure that learning is relevant, engaging and fun.
I have a plethora of resources so that students hit their target grade or beyond. In my experience, students tend look at questions as a big problem rather than thinking that questions are made up of smaller steps within a problem. Each student will receive an individual plan at the start of lesson one.
I am also a GCSE Expert Examiner for Edexcel, marking both Foundation and Higher Maths. I also teach at Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 2.
I am able to teach online and comfortably at your home, however, due to the current situation with COVID, I prefer to teach online. I use a Huoin pen and tablet with an onscreen whiteboard. I will provide full resources; questions, answers, solutions and exam papers relevant to your exam specification. I teach all topics in Maths and keep up to date with any new developments with exam boards.
I have been a Middle Leader, a Lead Practitioner, a Director of Learning, and have led successful STEM classes and am passionate about the subjects surrounding Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths. I also run a debate team at my current school; have been a finalist at The University of Leeds three consecutive years with “Solutions for the Planet” programme and have taken students as finalists at The Houses of Parliament with a solution on sustainability.
Maths and physics lessons in London, UK.
An enthusiastic and experienced KS2, KS3 and KS4 maths teacher with a solid academic experience, offers maths lesson. First lesson free!
My studies and work experience, both in Italy and in the UK, equipped me with a solid subject knowledge in Mathematics and sciences and how to teach them www.*** ;
After 6 years of teaching experience (incuding online live lessons) in national schools and colleges, I am keen on implementing my career and developing a successful career as Maths online tutor.
In my recent experience, I have been tutoring a group of pupils since year 7 pupils preparing actions plans and individual teaching plans when required, arranged sessions for the UKMT Maths challenge, wrote references to colleges for year 11 pupils, arranged maths intervention to contribute to raise department achievements and was involved in schools’ extra curricula sport and music www.*** ;
My educational philosophy encompasses a series of key points as follows:
1) Students need to learn as much as they need food, clothing and shelter. An educator’s job is to fill that primal need for learning by creating engaging and relevant learning experiences every www.*** ;
2) Teachers should treat students as active participants in the learning process.
3) Be strongly aligned with student-centred learning involving exploration, discovery, experiential learning, and the production of high quality work.
4) Students need oral and written feedback to improve. Teachers need to gather data on student performance to adjust the learning environment and instruction so that they can target students' learning needs. Teachers administer pre-tests to find a starting point for learning and post-tests to determine the students' increase in performance level as well as the teachers' effectiveness.
5) Students need structure and appropriate repetition to learn. A teacher should be able to organize a standards-based lesson sequence, successfully implement the plan, and then evaluate student www.*** ;
6) Be able to create an exciting learning environment that makes it difficult for students not to learn. A teacher should know how to include all students in learning at their own level, and a teacher should be able to inspire the students to push themselves to the next level.
7) Students need tools and resources. They should have skills and strategies to be able to work effectively in the different levels of the cognitive domain as defined by Benjamin Bloom. Students should also be aware of their own learning preferences, and teachers should assist with creating a plan to develop other learning www.*** ;
8) A teacher has to be prepared to adopt multiple roles in the classroom (facilitator, teacher, instructor, coach, consultant, counsellor, and mentor) as well as a proper use of the Teaching Assistant.
9) Being genuine and modelling trust can significantly help establish a successful learning environment and maintain a collaborative climate in the classroom.
10) A good teacher needs an excellent subject knowledge and a high willingness to push himself to a higher www.*** ;
I studied for degrees in Mathematics at Keele University and Oxford University and have over 35 years teaching experience in Private Schools, Grammar Schools and Colleges.
I am also a tutor for Oxford Home Schooling and for The Open University, and am an approved tutor for tutorsandexams.
I have had articles published in "Mathematics in Schools" and several worksheets on teachitmaths.
I have provided private tuition also for about 35 years now, and have had literally hundreds of successful students credited to my record over that time.
I provide a very professional service and tutor not only those at school, but also to adults.
I pride myself in providing first class tuition through my years of experience and excellent subject knowledge. Having set many exams over the years I teach students precisely how to answer exam questions to maximise their marks.
I cater for all levels and all ages: Basic Maths, Grammar School Entrance Exams, 11+, 13+, SATs, GCSE, AS/A Level, Further Maths, etc.
I am an experienced teacher of Mathematics and Further Mathematics and have effectively tutored secondary and undergraduate students. I offer clear and friendly support. Please just send a message and we can discuss how I can help!
I have had 8 years teaching experience in UK secondary schools and currently I am head of A level maths.