I currently teach part time at a secondary school in West Norfolk to ensure I keep my mathematcis skills up to date and understand the latest exam requirements and teaching methods. Along side of this I tutor pupils both at their home address and also using online sessions as required.
As well as experience with all UK exam boards for maths I also have experience with the IGCSE Maths exam. Recently I have began to teach statistics at GCSE and now also offer tutoring in Statistics.
Pupils use my tutoring lessons to ensure they fully understand what they have been taught in school, to help improve their exam grades and to assist with home schooling lessons. I tailor my tutoring for each pupil and discuss their needs and requirements with them not only during the first tutoring lesson but on an ongoing basis.
i have expreience tutoring pupils who excel at maths and pupils who struggle with their maths. I also have experience with SEND pupils including Autusim, Dyslexia, Dyscalculia and ADHD.
I prefer to travel no more then 20 miles from my home address but am happy to provide online tutoring if that is easier.
English and Maths across the whole primary age range and maths for Key Stage 3 in Sudbury, Suffolk, UK.
I have many years formal and social science lecturing and tutoring experience within secondary, FE/HE and Business Schools in the UK and France underpinned by 20 years career in Business and Information Technology
• 10 year track record of teaching Business, Maths, Economics, Computing, Psychology and Sociology at GCSE and A level
• Excellent learner achievement record
• Practitioner in teaching and tutoring 16 to 18 years SEND learners with compassion
• Student & class level monitoring of progress and attainment
• Experience in developing schemes of work, lesson plans and teaching in an inclusive environment
• Experience in supervising and IVing final year degree projects
• Taught Project Management, MIS, Finance, Leadership, Motivational Theory and Organisational Change for Final Year Degree
• Liason with Programme Managers
• Liason with AQA EV examiners for A2 ICT
• Experienced in BTEC IT/Business Practitioners curriculum level I up to level VI
• Taught AQA AS/A2 A-Level ICT Business INFO1 INFO2 INFO3 INFO4 BUSS2
• Taught IB TOK/CAS to students from multi-cultural backgrounds
• Taught BTEC Travel & Tourism First Diploma
• Coach for BTEC HND Hospitality student
• Taught BTEC Business Studies Level III/HND Marketing/eCommerce/Financial Planning/Organisational Behaviour
• Tutored students to KS 3 and A-Level in Information Technology
• 1 to 1 www.*** Hons Philosophy student coaching
• Articulation of effective teaching and learning with evidence of good practice
• Good classroom management technique
• Knowledge and understanding of effective assessment and its contribution to learning and progression
• Knowledge of key learning strategies, KPIs PLPs/ILP/ILG
• Design for Module Overviews/Lesson Plans
• Knowledge of e-learning and and extensive use of IT/ICT systems/applications
• Commitment to an ethos of personal fulfilment and learner success/retention
• A capacity to inspire through a passion of lecturing/teaching multimedia technologies
• Able to stimulate the interest and curiosity of learners to pursue their work independently
• Team player for positive and sensitive interpersonal relationships across communities
• Effective Time Management
• A good sense of humour & ability to remain calm under pressure
• Curriculum design/structure of progressive programmes and planning of modules
I have been working in a secondary school for the last two years tutoring students aged 11-16 years.