I am a qualified singing, piano and music theory teacher and have been teaching children and adults of all ages and abilities for the past five years. I especially enjoy working with beginners, creating friendly and supportive environment and making music learning fun. I have taught both privately and in schools and have prepared pupils for ABRSM exams, school concerts, choir solos, scholarship auditions and family performances.
Alongside teaching music, I have worked as a Teaching Assistant in Primary schools. Many people say that music and maths go well together and that really is the case for me. I enjoyed maths at school so much that one day I wanted to become a maths teacher. Returning to Primary setting reminded me of that, so now I have decided to also offer maths tuition here on tutorextra.
Primary Maths, Primary English, KS3 Maths, KS3 English, Foundation GCSE Maths, GCSE English lessons - Hastings, UK.
MATH'S TUITION I am a Math's Tutor who has recently graduated with a 2:1 Honours Degree in Mathematics and Mathematical Learning. I offer one to one tuition online from Primary level up to and including GCSE. I have experience in teaching at both Primary and Secondary level, as well as one to one private sessions. FREE first session - 60 minute sessions: £28 - 45 minute sessions: £25 - 30 minute sessions: £19 Please message me for availability.
Available online during Covid. I am a current A-level grammar school teacher and am targeting Year 11 students who want continuity and a base for A-level, as well as Year 12 students.
Full time maths teacher in the UK since 2011
Maths lessons in Tunbridge Wells, UK.
Maths lessons in East Grinstead, UK.
Maths lessons in East Grinstead, UK.
An enthusiastic and experienced KS2, KS3 and KS4 maths teacher with a solid academic experience, offers maths lesson. First lesson free!
My studies and work experience, both in Italy and in the UK, equipped me with a solid subject knowledge in Mathematics and sciences and how to teach them www.*** ;
After 6 years of teaching experience (incuding online live lessons) in national schools and colleges, I am keen on implementing my career and developing a successful career as Maths online tutor.
In my recent experience, I have been tutoring a group of pupils since year 7 pupils preparing actions plans and individual teaching plans when required, arranged sessions for the UKMT Maths challenge, wrote references to colleges for year 11 pupils, arranged maths intervention to contribute to raise department achievements and was involved in schools’ extra curricula sport and music www.*** ;
My educational philosophy encompasses a series of key points as follows:
1) Students need to learn as much as they need food, clothing and shelter. An educator’s job is to fill that primal need for learning by creating engaging and relevant learning experiences every www.*** ;
2) Teachers should treat students as active participants in the learning process.
3) Be strongly aligned with student-centred learning involving exploration, discovery, experiential learning, and the production of high quality work.
4) Students need oral and written feedback to improve. Teachers need to gather data on student performance to adjust the learning environment and instruction so that they can target students' learning needs. Teachers administer pre-tests to find a starting point for learning and post-tests to determine the students' increase in performance level as well as the teachers' effectiveness.
5) Students need structure and appropriate repetition to learn. A teacher should be able to organize a standards-based lesson sequence, successfully implement the plan, and then evaluate student www.*** ;
6) Be able to create an exciting learning environment that makes it difficult for students not to learn. A teacher should know how to include all students in learning at their own level, and a teacher should be able to inspire the students to push themselves to the next level.
7) Students need tools and resources. They should have skills and strategies to be able to work effectively in the different levels of the cognitive domain as defined by Benjamin Bloom. Students should also be aware of their own learning preferences, and teachers should assist with creating a plan to develop other learning www.*** ;
8) A teacher has to be prepared to adopt multiple roles in the classroom (facilitator, teacher, instructor, coach, consultant, counsellor, and mentor) as well as a proper use of the Teaching Assistant.
9) Being genuine and modelling trust can significantly help establish a successful learning environment and maintain a collaborative climate in the classroom.
10) A good teacher needs an excellent subject knowledge and a high willingness to push himself to a higher www.*** ;
Teaching for 4 years. Currently teaching in Key Stage 2 but have also taught in Key Stage 1.
Mathematics, Further Maths and Ancient Greek, Latin (Classics) and Astronomy teacher in Battle, UK.
Second year Biomedical sciences student at the University of Bristol with experience in scientific writing, statistics and laboratory procedures including Bioinformatics.
Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills from volunteering at schools and tutoring for myTutor – encouraging effective communication, leadership and an eye for detail.
Junior Editor for the University of Bristol Blogs and Science Shorts where I work with an editorial team to review student written scientific articles and completed courses on grammar and essay structure.
Academically motivated as an active member of Biology Journal club who partook in Biology and Chemistry Olympiads at school. Highly organised and able to time manage as I completed online medical work experience by Brighton and Sussex Medical School, a John Hopkins University COVID-19 Contact Tracing course and a FutureLearn Biochemistry course alongside my university studies.
A strong leader who has enjoyed volunteering at Rottingdean Scouts and several local primary schools where I organised activities including a sports day and beach litter pick-up.
I really love my job! Working with lots of different personalities and age groups, I love to help students gain a new or increased love of Maths, and to help them feel confident to reach their learning www.*** ;
I can work flexibly from a huge bank of learning resources, and always like to make use of visuals, physical objects, graphing software and games and puzzles. Maths is such a vast and varied subject that it is nice to take a look at an idea from many angles.
If you are looking for targeted exam preparation for you or your child, I have good knowledge of the various exam board specifications and the National Curriculum from Key Stage 1-4.
My friendly, tailored tutoring is available online via Skype, Whatsapp, Facetime or Google Classroom. Feel free to call for a detailed initial consultation!
I am a very dedicated and determined teacher who believes in spending time with pupils to help them understand the subjects they are learning. I am qualified, friendly and experienced teacher dedicated to student learning.
I feel that I am able to connect with pupils through my friendly and personable nature. I love teaching and have the determination to provide the best possible education to my students. I am flexible, patient, and understanding. I am extremely keen to explore creativity within the curriculum, and am committed to high expectation and achievement whilst looking to make learning more accessible and fun.
I am keen to be assigned to a position that will help me build up on my skills and grow as a professional in order to make me the best teacher that I am able to be.
Maths and English lessons in Cranbrook, UK.
Maths, Economics, Finance, Physics, Spanish, Statistics, and Probability lessons in Brighton, UK.
I remove mental road blocks by approaching difficult area from other directions, and by instilling the confidence to overcome obstacles. Tutoring sessions are customised to the individual student's needs, with revision strategies to maximise exam performance. Very good at motivating students, being enthusiastic and making the subject fun and exciting. The pace is customised to stretch the young people, while keeping within their comprehension zone. I have the ability to be able to explain complex things in a simple way.
Maths, English, and Spanish lessons in Saint Leonards-on-sea, UK.
I have over 20 years experience in teaching (aged 7 - 18), recently took early retirement after having been SENCo at Battle Abbey School in East Sussex for 16 years. I find it very rewarding to see pupils gain confidence in maths in particular.
I am a dyslexia assessor too and enjoy developing a rapport with my pupils.
Additionally I have a qualification and experience in teaching English as an Additional Language to foreign pupils.
Recently with the lockdown I have started to teach online, using Zoom and Microsoft Teams for my pupils.
I can teach a range of ages English, Maths and study and organisational skills.